Wednesday, January 03, 2007

In The New Year

Today is January 3rd 2007. At this time I have currently worked 23 hours in the new year. I've started the paperwork going for my Veterinary Technician Program and I've helped John with end-of-year financial overlook. So what have I learned from 2006 and what do I plan to do with 2007? Well here goes...

In 2006 I learned that....
....a 3-day weekend for a cousin-in-law's wedding does not constitute a vacation (especially if the grandparents-in-laws go too)
....funerals suck.
....I have 2 gaurdian angels watching out for us.
.....giving birth isn't hard as long as you have an epidural.
....coming home with the newborn is hard.
.....going back to work after spending 9 weeks with your baby is one of the hardest things to do.
.....along with the additional money a promotion doubles your work load.
....cleaning one thing a night is sufficient to keep your sanity.
.....24 hours is just not enough hours in one day.

In 2007 I will.....
.....visit my family more.
.....make more time for me.
.....try and get together with my friends more.
.....cook more.
.....take the time to have alone time with my family and make more special time for them.
.....shave the cats - okay so that's just to see if you were paying attention.

I vowed a long time ago that I wouldn't make a New Year's Resolution - I can never keep them so why let myself be faced with disappointment. These aren't resolutions...they're promises.

I look back at the last year and realized that this year has been one of the worst and one of the best years of my life. It has been hard but we survived and we are doing well.

Things we have planned to do in 2007:
1. Continue to build up retirement savings and Lizzy's college fund.
2. Start looking for a house - we don't expect to have one until 2008 but we can start looking.
3. Continue to pay off debt - we still have $66k in student loans and car - but all the credit cards are paid off WOOT!

I wish everyone well in the New Year and I hope you all have goals to achieve over the next several months.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I hope you have a great New Year!!!