Friday, November 17, 2006

Pass the Benadryl Please!

With all the wind over the last few days coupled with the lack of moisture in the airmy allergies have surfaced and have hit me full force. I'm currently into my 3rd box of tissues (Thank God for Sam's bulk buying) and I never leave home without my Benadryl. My eyes are itchy to the point where irrigating solution no longer works and the so called "alergy relief" eye drops burn to high heaven. I mean cuss through your teeth rather step on a tack burn. My eyes look like I've been smoking marijuana for 3 weeks straight and I'm the coughing from drainage doesn't help my persona on that level. On top of that my nose is so raw that blowing it causes it to sting and I have to sneeze more. Agh! On top of everything the only thing that works for me has changed it's label and no longer has the same active ingredient. Damn FDA!

On top of the itchy, buring eyes and the running, sore nose there's the sinus headache that won't go away no matter what I try to take. And of course all of this comes along at the same time Lizzy is teething so I have to leave my burning eyes to burn wwhile I take care of her.. I'l seriously considering seeing my doctor about allergy testing but don't know if I could give myself allergy injections every week.

I can't get tested til January anyways but maybe if my allergies continue to act up I have an excuse to avoid my dental appt on Dec 15th

No comments: